Are you looking for interesting personal writing ideas? We have a lot of…
The personal essay is a typical homework assignment for high school and college students. It is a kind of non-fiction book that integrates different writing styles. The subjects of personal essays are usually real life stories, experiences and opinions of individuals.
Authors should talk about their own experiences and share their thoughts on the topic of the article. The key to success is to try to combine story and opinion. In this article, you’ll find a quick writing guide and over 100 fascinating ideas for personal essays.
How do you write a personal essay?
Remember, personal writing is always subjective. It is based on the author’s observations, feelings, opinions and experiences. You are a speaker, so it is natural to use pronouns like I, my, me, we and our.
First of all, you need to find an interesting topic. Personal essay topics in college include many things.
Students may be asked
- speak up
- documenting what they observed
- tell a story
- describe an object, an event, a place, a person
- relate to a specific theme in their lives
Whatever topic you choose, it’s important to start the introduction of your article with a strong hook to grab the attention of your audience. Introduce this topic in the first paragraph. Think about the main idea you want to convey.
Inform your readers about the topic in the text of your essay. It is best to make a plan before you start writing. This will help you organize your thoughts, focus and write clearly and concisely. Start each paragraph with a new idea. Shaw, don’t tell me. Use strong verbs and add lots of sensory details.
A thoughtful conclusion is drawn at the end. You should explain what you have learned, how your experience has contributed to your development as a person and shaped your identity.
Why you should choose personal beliefs when writing an essay
When writing persuasive personal essays, the author must explain his or her point of view or opinion on an issue and try to persuade people to take his or her point of view by telling stories and appealing to their feelings and emotions.
This differs from the development of personal argumentative writing topics, which require students to support their point of view with solid arguments, reasons, relevant examples, pertinent illustrations, etc.
These kinds of proofs are not easy to write, nor are personal cause-and-effect proofs.
But there are important reasons why you should do it.
- You will improve your communication and critical thinking skills.
- Stimulating topics help you stand out.
- You will be able to demonstrate your creativity and your ability to use persuasive techniques.
…can’t decide which idea to pick?
We have collected a whole range of moving ideas for you here for inspiration. Whether you are looking for topics for essays on personal experiences or essays on personal descriptions, we have everything you need.
Topics for personal writing What is it?
You can write about any subject. The most popular topics are recreation, nature, childhood, illness, travel, making difficult decisions, learning new things, friends, family and relationships.
You can use some ideas for a personal essay and tell how to overcome obstacles.
Actually, the issue is not as important as you think. Readers want to know your point of view, which reveals your unique personality.
- How did you meet this special person in your life?
- The person you admire most.
- This is the best place.
- A place you would want to live in all your life.
- Works of art you admire.
- Your dream job.
- Your biggest disappointment.
- Books that made a big impression on you.
- What’s bothering you?
- Your family traditions.
- Are you a technology enthusiast?
- What contemporary songs inspire you?
- Can you live without money?
- Do you like commercials?
- What is your best learning method?
Themes for personal essays
- Tell us about your first trip abroad.
- The most unfortunate thing that ever happened to you.
- What happened on your first day of school?
- What is your first childhood memory?
- What is your most memorable family event?
- Did you have a breakdown?
- What games did you play when you were a kid?
- The biggest challenge you’ve ever faced.
- Do you remember your first birthday?
- Tell us how you learned something new.
- Have you ever met a wild animal?
- Tell me about the first time you were home alone.
- How did you prepare your first meal?
- Tell me how you helped someone.
- How did you overcome your fear?
Writing topics for personal experiences
- What are the things that make you happy?
- How did you start eating healthy?
- How did you spend Christmas?
- You brought home a stray?
- How did you learn to drive?
- How did you meet the famous man?
- How did you learn anything from your enemies?
- Describe the accidents you witnessed.
- How did you hurt yourself?
- Describe disastrous trips or vacations.
- Great concerts you’ve been to.
- Describe the scary nightmares.
- Your reaction to being provoked.
- Leadership Experience.
- The experience of the end of a friendship.
Subjects of personal argument Tests
- What can you spare?
- Why are you interested in environmental issues?
- How much money do you need to be happy?
- What does your ethnic identity mean to you?
- The importance of personal development.
- Male and female roles in your family.
- His views on feminism.
- Explain what it means to be human.
- The most precious moments of your life.
- More importantly: Wealth or happiness?
- Your attitude towards the tattoo.
- Is it important to be fashion crazy?
- Your opinion about cosmetic surgery.
- How important it is to choose a healthy lifestyle.
- His favorite vacation spots.
Personal Essay Topics in College
- Were you in love with someone?
- What is the meaning of your life?
- What does success mean to you?
- How important is freedom in your life?
- How do you get out of your comfort zone?
- The things you care about in life.
- What do you hate?
- How did you meet your roommates?
- Your plans to take a year off.
- How did you get your first job?
- Describe the intellectual challenges you want to solve.
- What have you learned from your failures?
- The outdoor activities you enjoy the most.
- Explain your commitments.
- What motivates you?
Personal Persuasion Essay Topics
- Your views on distance and online education.
- Can listening to music help you get your homework done faster?
- Can hobbies help you pursue a career?
- Is it ethical to buy products that have been tested on animals?
- Why is volunteering important?
- Should drugs be banned?
- Your favorite restaurant that everyone should visit.
- The things we need to do for our world to survive.
- How can we make the world a better place?
- Is it possible to avoid stress?
- Should zoos be banned?
- How can I spend more money by shopping online?
- Why I don’t smoke.
- The things I want to do when I’m 85.
- Why should I recommend students to study abroad?
Personal Causal Thesis Topics
- Why don’t I watch TV?
- The reasons why I work out.
- The impact of social media on everyday life.
- How do my failures make me stronger?
- The books that changed my view of the world.
- The reasons why I study computer science.
- The influence of my parents on my life choices.
- The importance of learning math for my future career.
- The impact of being an only child.
- How do my pets make me a better person?
- The effects of regular exercise on my health and well-being.
- Why am I rebelling against my parents?
- How did my parents help me learn?
- Why did the studies make me an independent?
- What is the cause of my burnout?
Feel free to use our good personal writing topics to create great articles that will make a strong impression on your readers and get you good grades.
You can’t agree to write the perfect personal essay? Don’t worry about it. Our editors will do whatever it takes to make sure you enjoy your free time. Psst, it only takes a few clicks….
Share this story:
frequently asked questions
What are good topics for a personal essay?
Editorial topics and personal suggestions – ThoughtCo
What are good topics to write an academic essay on?
Popular college essay topics (and how to respond to them).
What is the best topic for an essay?
Suggested Essay Topics – Gallaudet University