During their studies in medicine and health, young people may be required to write research projects. It can be very long and stressful. It is often a real challenge to decide on the topics of a good nursing research article. It is essential to choose a subject that is easy to learn and relevant. Why not choose what comes first? If you want to get good grades and want recognition from your tutor, you need to get the preliminary stages of writing right, and choosing a research question is the most important step.
Don’t be lazy to spend time researching and thinking. You can either search social media or news to find popular nursing research topics or contact a professional online editor to handle your assignment. What you absolutely must not do is refuse to carry out any of the projects in the course. If you want to get the most points at the end of the semester, you must complete every assignment.
In this article, we will share with you 150 key topics for nursing research. Choose one of them or come up with your own idea using our tips and you’re sure to succeed!
Choosing the best ideas for your health and medical trials
Want to learn how to choose research topics for nursing students? We will give a few tips before suggesting a list of ideas.
Start with some initial research. You can get inspiration from various websites that offer ideas for students and help with teaching. Sit down with your classmates and brainstorm and write down the different topics you can talk about. You should consider your interests, but remember that the ideas should relate to subjects you have recently taken in school. You should highlight the keywords and key phrases to be used in the text.
You should consult with your tutor before choosing one of the many research topics at the nursing school. Make sure he or she is comfortable with the idea. Only then do we start writing.
50 Popular nursing research topics
Are you here to find the most popular research topics? They change every year as innovation and technology advance. We have listed some of the most talked about topics in healthcare for you.
- Problems of spouses of dyslexics.
- Ethics in geriatrics
- Checklist for behaviour in the delivery room
- Parkinson’s disease: Causes and development
- Exercises to improve mental health
- Effective advice for prenatal care
- Restless legs syndrome: How to deal with it
- Behavioral assessment in pediatric primary care.
- Why can a mother’s health be threatened during childbirth?
- Recommendations for building strong care communities
- Alzheimer’s disease and the right treatment
- Occupational risks which may lead to incapacity for work
- Music therapy and breastfeeding
- The effects of age discrimination on mental health
- Resuscitation measures in newborns
- Effective therapy for bladder cancer
- Approaches to improving the emotional health of carers.
- Skin-to-skin contact with the mother and its consequences
- Does the nurse have the right to prescribe medication?
- Atrial Fibrillation Study
- Advantages and disadvantages of being born on water
- Preventive measures for people who need to come into contact with infectious diseases
- Stroke disease and its treatment.
- The role of public policy in the recruitment of health workers
- Critical Care Requirements
- Joint research on the problems of the elderly population
- Why do nurses and health professionals need to work together?
- The role of good nursing leadership
- How to minimize the risk of cardiovascular disease
- What should a caregiver do when an elderly person refuses to feed themselves?
- The main causes of depression
- Methods for recognizing an abused elderly patient.
- Treatment and prevention of acne and other skin problems
- The effects of so-called cold therapy.
- Effective care interventions at the end of life
- Risk factors for osteoporosis in women
- Alcohol addiction and how to get rid of it.
- Emerging ethical issues in pain management
- The ethics of psychiatric patients
- How to educate the female population on how to cope with menopause
- The causes of alcohol consumption by elderly people in retirement homes
- Family involvement in primary health care
- Does the race and gender of the patient play a role in pain management?
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in U.S. Army Veterans
- How to prepare a nurse to provide primary care
- Correlation between teenage aggression and video games
- The results of abdominal massage in a critically ill population
- Developing an effective weight loss program : Practical example
- Comparison and contrast of supply models in different regions
- Mirror therapy for partially paralyzed patients.
50 Research topics of importance to nursing
Do you want to impress your target group? Looking for the most interesting topics for nursing research? It is important to take into account the calendar and the most recent topics discussed. People tend not to find a topic interesting until it is relevant. We have compiled a list of curious ideas for your project.
- Causes of hypertension
- Self-care and patients raised with sickle cell anemia
- Symptoms, treatment and diagnosis of schizophrenia
- Care of acute coronary syndrome
- Preparing for a C-section.
- What is a remedy for colds and coughs?
- Why do patients suffer from anxiety disorders?
- Use of illegal substances in medicine
- How to make wise and safe medical decisions
- Summary of the visit procedure
- Complementary versus alternative therapy.
- Can certain grains prevent cardiovascular disease?
- Restrictions on medical contracts
- How to deal with high stress levels.
- Legal threats to non-English speaking patients
- The fundamentals of palliative medicine
- Innovations in Clinical Cardiology
- How to lower the body temperature in the apartment
- What causes type 2 diabetes?
- How to control your blood pressure at home
- Oral health in the United States
- Is there a gender bias in the nursing profession?
- Gynaecological education for young girls
- Bipolar disorder and major symptoms
- Methods of compensating for personal injury
- The basics of sports medicine
- The gap between female and male health professionals.
- Increase the effectiveness of asthma control in schools.
- The different roles of clinical nurses
- Case Study: An effective treatment for migraines
- In-depth analysis of ovarian disorders
- Intensive treatment with an interval of up to one question
- Appropriate treatment for sleep disorders
- How to deal with stressful situations during night work.
- Effective methods of breast cancer screening
- The future of health and medicine (based on modern innovations)
- Approaches to treating insomnia
- Reproductive endocrinology
- Diversity in medicine
- Problems related to the menopause
- Causes and consequences of vaginal atrophy
- Is health insurance for children a right or a privilege?
- Good practice for nurses
- What is the phenomenon of phantom pain?
- Ethical aspects of infertility
- Headache treatment protocol
- the moral aspects of euthanasia
- Treatment of the homeless
- Why should healthcare be free everywhere in the world?
- Assessment of the pain threshold
50 Research topics in quality assurance
Here is another list of nursing research topics. We hope at least one of these ideas will inspire you or give you an idea.
- Benefits of Pet Therapy for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Current approaches to immunisation in adolescents
- e-Health : Effectiveness of telecare and e-care
- Burnout in nursing: Effective ways to deal with stress
- Healing of bone lesions
- Offer spiritual guidance: Does that make any sense?
- Rheumatoid arthritis: the use of opioids
- Symptoms in the ER that can’t be explained by medication.
- Current Neonatal Practices
- Disorders with sexual discomfort of the average woman.
- Typical causes of headaches
- Basic measures to prevent pregnancy
- Public strategies for financing the health care system
- Possible consequences of abortion for women
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of implementation
- Methods of assessing the quality of health care and medicine
- Pregnancy practice in urban areas
- Integration of childcare in primary care
- Rules for overweight pregnant women.
- The psychological causes of anorexia nervosa
- Self-study packages
- Recommendations for the postnatal period
- Obstetric care and follow-up
- Case Study: Analysis of positive birth experiences
- Problems with the weighting factor for pregnancy.
- The importance of healthy food and hydration
- What are the duties of a caregiver in each situation?
- Causes, symptoms and treatment of ADHD.
- Methods of treatment and prevention of diseases
- The importance of vaccination of children and adolescents.
- Termination of pregnancy : Health risks for women
- The responsibilities of each pharmacist
- How to prevent childhood obesity
- How to adhere to a culture of safe sex.
- What are the main symptoms of autism?
- The ethics of health promotion campaigns
- Advantages and disadvantages of telemedicine
- Ethics in Pediatrics
- Therapies for the treatment of speech disorders
- Principles of the Uniform Medical Code
- Psychological aspects of infant treatment
- Causes of seizures in young adolescents
- Home care and self-medication
- How to treat different types of eating disorders
- Treatment of patients in prison
- Patient safety and human factors
- Bad habits and diseases influenced by social media and pop culture
- Sorry about the laws and regulations
- Antibiotic resistance in young children
- Care management and control of marijuana
You should also be aware that there are both qualitative and quantitative research topics in nursing. If you decide to base your research on facts and figures, consider the second category. In quantitative research papers, authors must provide statistical data and interpret it to defend a thesis or find a solution to an existing problem.
Don’t forget that you can always count on the help of our professional mechanics. They will suggest good nursing research topics and even design the entire paper for you if you wish.
frequently asked questions
What is a good topic for nursing research?
100 hot topics in nursing research ideas – EduBirdie.com
What are the medical topics of interest for a research article?
Research Paper Topics: 50 Ideas to get started – HBCU Lifestyle
What is an example of nursing research?
Examples of basic biological and/or behavioral science research deemed relevant to nursing and funded by the Department of Nursing include research on children’s response to pain, elderly people’s perceptions of their physical functioning and health care needs, the effects of radiation therapy on …