If you plan to go back to school after 12 years. to choose a medical profession, you can take a physical therapy course. It is one of the most promising professions in the medical world. The training lasts four years. During this time you will learn how to properly manipulate the muscles and bones of the body. In many cases, you will suffer injuries as a result of unavoidable accidents. In that case, the problem can be treated with physiotherapy. The course is both interesting and engaging. You can learn a lot in this course.
As a physical therapist, you are responsible for a person’s physical and muscular health. You should do various exercises that will help the patient get rid of the muscle or joint pain. This course teaches how to treat musculoskeletal and other problems caused by aging, disease and injury. The best part of the degree is the mandatory six-month internship in a hospital or clinic. This way you can gain great exposure in the industry. Physical therapy is a branch of science that deals with the physical movement of the body. This is the treatment of muscles that may be damaged by aging or certain accidents. The profession has become very popular and important to people. Physiotherapy is a wonderful profession with a multitude of options and facilities. If you finish the course with a smear test, you have several options. Ideal for candidates who love the medical profession.
BPT Course content:
To be precise, you will have many options at the end of the four-year degree. You can find a job as a physical therapist in a hospital or orthopedic clinic. If you want, you can also open your own clinic and offer physical therapy treatments to your patients. You must have noticed that as many people as possible develop muscle and bone problems after a certain age. In that case, they need a physical therapist who can help them address this problem.
Most people start their own business after training in physical therapy. You can also open a physical therapy clinic and offer this treatment. If you are interested in academia, you can pursue a master’s degree in physical therapy after graduation. If you have the opportunity to do something different in your profession, you should choose that profession. When you open your own clinic, you can implement a wide range of measures and follow-up. Sure, what lies ahead may seem difficult, but in the long run you will succeed.
BPT course requirements:
It helps if you are passionate about the course. However, there are other skills required that can make you a specialist in this field. Let’s discuss some of the basics.
- It would be helpful if you were fluent in English. Your language should be clear and fluent. This is because you have to deal with a large number of customers.
- You have to be good with your time.
- It helps if you have the right patience and tolerance.
- It would be best if you are in good physical health and condition.
- It is also a good thing if you have good interpersonal skills.
- Finally, your passion for health professionals is essential. This will give your career a new look. It would help if you had dedication and respect for the work. It is very necessary.
BPT course fee:
Keep in mind that the cost of the course depends on the type of college or institute you attend. However, it is known from various sources that the cost of the course varies between Rs 1 lakh and Rs 5 lakh. If you want, you can take out a student loan from any financial institution. You can repay the favor if you get a job.
BPT Training Admission criteria:
In this section you can read more about the selection criteria for this course. This makes it easier to choose a course.
- To choose a course, you must choose 10+2. This is a must for the course.
- You must have a scientific background, preferably in subjects such as physics, chemistry and English. It would be better if you also had English as a language.
- It is important to score 50% in the 10+2 exam. This is a mandatory requirement for enrollment in a BPT course.
- You must be 17 years old to enroll in this course. You can only be admitted once you have reached this age.
- To enroll in this course, all original documents issued by recognized organizations must be endorsed. There is no problem if the Indian officers announced in the newspapers are certified.
- Many universities use the CET or Common Entrance Test. You have to succeed to get admitted to the best universities. If necessary, you can register with a coaching institute that can give you appropriate advice for the exam. Your CET score is required at the time of admission. If you score high, you can get admission into the top BPT colleges in India.
BPT Course evaluations:
As mentioned above, the course is designed to last four years. You must complete the program by taking all courses in all four years. The syllabus corresponds to all types of oral and practical examinations. The most important part of this course is the six-month internship. This document is mandatory and must be completed by the student. The test is administered at the end of each year. The exam consists of a theoretical and a practical part. The most important part of this course is that 75% of the students must be present in order to take the written exam. If it is less than 75%, you are not eligible for the course.
In addition to this, there are daily assessments and group discussions to evaluate the student’s ability to complete the program. An essential part of the exam is the practical part. To be admitted to the exam, you must have good grades and results. It is very important to get good grades in the theory part. The college authorities pay special attention to attendance as students can gain good knowledge by attending classes. This is very important for the course.
BPT Examination Centre:
There are BPT exam centers in almost all major cities in India. Cities like Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata and Bengaluru have their own exam centers. On the other hand, there are exam centers in cities like Agra, Lucknow and Chandigarh, which also have exam centers for the BPT course.
If you are from neighboring states, you can travel to those cities to take the exam. Examination centres offer all kinds of support and facilities to examiners. Students can easily reach and travel to the testing centers because they are so conveniently located.
Curriculum for the BPT course:
Now we’re going to talk about the curriculum. It’s helpful to let you know about the course. The four-year course is divided into eight semesters.
I’m a semester:
- Basic care
- Physiotherapy Orientation
- Integrated seminars
- First aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Indian Constitution
- Exercise Therapy
- Research methodology and biostatistics
- Introduction to treatment
- Sending messages with clinical observations
V Semester: :
- General Medicine
- General surgery
- Orthopaedics and traumatology
- Orthopaedics and sports physiotherapy
- Supervised training
- related therapies
- Neurology and neurosurgery
- Community Medicine
- Community-based rehabilitation
- Supervised clinical training
- Ethics, management and supervision
- Physiotherapy and evidence-based practice
In the final year, students are encouraged to write a thesis on a topic and complete a six-month internship. This is a required course and students must submit all documentation for this course. Without this report, your course is incomplete.
Career opportunities for graduates in BPT:
In this section, you’ll learn more about career opportunities with a BPT degree. At the end of the course you will be given several options. This creates new job opportunities for you. This discussion will help in choosing a topic.
- You can start your career as a physical therapist. It’s a great way to create a new workspace. You can work as a physical therapist in any hospital or clinic. You can also open your own clinic if you want. This will give you an overview of the field.
- The Department of Defense also needs a physical therapist to treat patients. Their main task is to take care of members of the armed forces who are wounded in a conflict or war.
- If you want, you can also become a speaker in this profession. Through this profession you can teach people and spread the light of knowledge among the people.
- Many also choose the profession of researcher. You can do extensive research on the subject. This will help you learn the subject in the best possible way. It’s a wonderful profession.
- You can also start your own physical therapy business. It could be a good job. It will be an independent profession.
- Sport physiotherapist is another important profession you can choose. Sports professionals can be treated with this profession. There is currently a high demand for sports physiotherapists. It has been found that with the growing awareness about health and other issues, the need for physiotherapists is increasing day by day.
In short, this is an important topic that can help you have a better career. If you want to study medicine, you must enroll in this course.
BPT Institutes in India :
You will meet some of the best colleges and institutes in India. In this discussion, you can choose the best colleges in India.
- Christian Medical College (Vellore)
- Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research (Chennai)
- NIMS University (Jaipur)
- Manipal University (Manipal)
- Bundelkhand University (Jhansi)
Post BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy) courses: The post Details, eligibility, curriculum, careers, fees, coverage and more appeared first on CoursesXpert.
frequently asked questions
What are the rates for the BPT?
Is there a scope in BPT?
Graduates of BPP courses are successfully employed in sectors such as hospitals, health institutes, fitness centers and private clinics. Technological progress is increasing rapidly, so that the scope of the BPT has reached an upper limit, regardless of the chosen specialisation.
What is the suitability as a physical therapist?
To be eligible for the BPT programmes, you need to pass the 10+2 examinations with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects. You should also be eligible for admission to the BPT program i.e. Common Entrance Test (CET), GGSIPU CET, etc.