One of the most popular courses for aspiring doctors, even in 2021, is undoubtedly DMLT. This course will help you better understand how to work in a lab, work as a lab technician and earn an impressive salary. Diploma in Laboratory Medicine is a two-year course offered by many reputed institutes in India.
Would you like to make a career as a medical laboratory assistant? If so, the LMD course will be helpful to you. The DMLT course is one of the essential components of medical school. The main job of medical laboratory technicians is to operate equipment and collect samples from patients. In addition, they performed tests prescribed by doctors.
DMLT stands for Diploma of Medical Laboratory Technology. The course can usually be taken after the end of 12th grade. This is a two-year diploma program. Aspirants are offered a course to learn how to detect various diseases. In this course you will learn many techniques, such as. B. processing of patient records. How to operate electrical appliances and much more. Candidates should also look at the difference between LMO and LMD. The profiles of the requirements for both courses will be largely the same. It is up to you to decide which one to choose.
These two courses focus exclusively on learning how to prioritize treatment options and cure diseases. The wearer’s skills have remained virtually unchanged since the course was completed. Although all elements can remain the same. In particular, skills and experience will be different for each course. The salary scale upon completion of the LTO will be higher than that of the LMD. This course has some secondary problems that you should be aware of.
You will find all the important details such as selection criteria, curriculum and career opportunities as well as salary structure.
LMD compliance criteria
Colleges may have slightly different requirements, but most are similar to those listed below.
- The candidate must have obtained 50% in class 10+2 with physics, chemistry and biology as subjects. These are three important issues that will be addressed during the recording.
- Some colleges offer LMD courses after Grade 10. Class to, but then the eligibility is somewhat limited. You can choose colleges like Madras Christian College if you want to enroll after class 10.
There are other criteria, such as. B. Admission exams you must take. Once you have verified these requirements, you should pay attention to the entrance exam. If you consider these aspects and the syllabus of the entrance exam, it will be easy for you to prepare.
LMD and LMO curriculum
When you enroll in a course, you take several courses. This is a two-year program, and you will notice that the points listed below refer to years.
Year 1 entities –
- Clinical pathology (body fluids) and parasitology
- Blood banks and immunohaematology
- Fundamentals of Hematology
- Fundamentals of laboratory equipment and chemistry
Year 2 Entities –
- Histopathology and cytology
- Clinical Biochemistry
You can choose extra subjects if your school offers them. These are all important issues that are the same across the country.
Career opportunities in nursing
Employment after the DMLT course requires skills related to the possession of the technical department. You can find a wide range of jobs that match the skills you have learned. Here are all the career options you have after getting your DMLT degree -.
Laboratory technician is a person who attends a two-year DMLT program with a one-year internship. During his DMLT studies, he studied anatomy and physiology. Laboratory technicians can understand the different parts of the body and know where they are anatomically located. Laboratory technicians become familiar with techniques for sampling, recording and data processing.
Medical Technologist – In this position, you will examine specimens and perform tests prescribed by a physician. Precision in sample handling and concern for accuracy are key skills required for this position. When you start working as a healthcare professional, you will learn about the different types of equipment and how to use them.
Medical Writer – If working as a technician is not for you, being a medical writer is a good choice. They write recipes, important information and other details of the test. On the other hand, you can work as a medical writer and write descriptions of drugs and types of applications.
From maintaining records to ensuring the accuracy of tests, this is your job as a pathologist. The expected salary for this job profile is 2.2 to 3.0 million euros per year.
These are all job descriptions you might consider as a technician. With a BMLT or DMLT, you can get better salaries and if you are an average student with excellent grades, you can expect a better career. These are the most preferred job profiles you can find. Working in a clinical, pharmaceutical and other medical environment is the main thing you can expect.
Lead institutions for the LMD programme
What is most important when someone is looking for a university? In most cases, students look for institutions with the best record of qualifications. India has some of the leading DMLT institutes that offer impressive placement opportunities, a track record of excellent results and a great faculty. The use of the following facilities provides the best accommodation options.
- John Medical College is located in Bangalore and is one of the most popular educational institutions. To enroll, you must take the St. John’s admission test. St. John’s College of Medicine. The average fee in this institution is 90 000 rubles. With the highest fee structure, this institution is also the best in terms of offering top-notch faculty.
- Aligarh Muslim University is very popular and is located in Aligarh. The admission procedure is the same as that of the Muslim University entrance exam. Once you have passed the test and your name is on the waiting list, you can register. The average fee in this institution is 90 000 rubles.
- NIMS University is a renowned institution in Rajasthan region, and is located in Jaipur. During the admission process, you must meet the minimum qualification criteria and be eligible to attend NIMS University. The average annual fee in this institution is 35,000 rubles.
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute is located in Bangalore and there is no entrance exam for this institution. Instead, the institution focuses on the list of deserving candidates and you must exceed the threshold set by the institution. The average fee at this institute is INR 34,270.
- State Medical College is a public institution in Kozhikode. The application process is the same and is based on a list of benefits. The average annual contribution in the JI is INR 12,350.
These are the spoken names you can then select. You can register with any of them on the official website of the institute. Whether there is an entrance exam or a merit list system, the minimum requirements are basically the same across the country.
For distance learning in DMLT
For students who cannot travel to another city but still want to enroll and study, some institutions offer distance learning. Here are some of the schools you might prefer
- Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU) offers two-year BMLT and DMLT programmes. It is located in Kottayam.
- Karnataka State Open University (KSSOU) offers a 2-4 year DMLT and BMLT program. This institute is located in Mysore.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers a 2-4 year program. This college is located in New Delhi.
- The National Institute for Open Learning (NIOS) is located in Noida, UP, and offers a two-year program.
The average cost of distance learning varies between 5,000 and 20,000 euros. Even when taking a distance learning course, candidates can count on good internship opportunities.
- The cost of the course ranges from 5,000 to 90,000 rupees.
- DML positions: lab technician, laboratory staff, medical writer, data entry operator, etc.
- Field DMLT – BMLT/ BSc
- Expect salary of a DMLT -2 lakh to 5 lakh per annum.
- DMLT topics include basic hematology, microbiology, clinical biochemistry, immunology, etc.
- The best places to work are private clinics, medical laboratories, public hospitals, colleges and universities, medical content writing, military services, etc.
The admission process is the same across the country and if you are pursuing a higher position, choose a reputable institution. As you begin to prepare for the entrance exams, you may have questions about the curriculum. To get a better idea or understanding of the entrance exams, you can view last year’s exams. This method may seem trivial, as there are many websites offering DML registration exams. This method will help you prepare better and clarify the situation during the exam.
frequently asked questions
What is the cost of an LMD course?
What is the field of activity of the ELMT?
APPLICATION AFTER DIPLOMA IN MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY (DMLT) A laboratory technician has the opportunity to open his own laboratory and can start his own business. A lab technician can join a medical company and become a marketing manager or M.R. or choose sales or marketing as a career option.
How is the LMD programme structured?